By Tonya Mott
On a journey to finding my “prime time”, I have more tips to share with my fellow busy 🐝’s!
The latest findings on my journey comes from this article, “Don’t Listen to those productivity gurus: why waking up at 6am won’t make you successful” – click here to read the article.
Here’s my takeaways:
- ⏰ “Your internal prime time is the time of day, according to your body clock, when you are the most alert and productive.” – Brian Tracy
- 📈Tackle the most important strategic work during your prime time and you’ll stay motivated, make steady progress, and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- 😴 Circadian rhythms, affect our sleep and waking cycles, body temperature, and hormone levels.
- 😊turns into this 🙃 – Ultradian rhythms are peaks and valleys we deal with in the workday. They run in 90–120-minute cycles. Ultradian rhythms explain why you can start a task feeling excited and alert, then two hours later; you’re checking Instagram and hunting for snacks.
- 🏋🏻♀️🍎Engage your body prior to your prime time. What you eat and exercise promotes energy and brainpower.
- 🌴 Seize your downtime – Relaxation promotes creative thinking. It’s another kind of prime time.
- 💪🏼 Protect your prime time – Your peak hours are priceless, draw clear boundaries and protect them however you can.
🥂 to finding more balance in our lives. More tips coming soon, I’m just getting started 🙌🏾