By Tonya Mott
We have all taken the Meyers-Briggs personality test at one time or another. It goes something like this:
- Take the test
- Get the results, okay, so I’m an INFJ
- What does this mean and what do I do with this info?
- Confusion sets in and you move on
5 Voices, How to Communicate Effectively with Everyone you Lead helps simplify and understand the 16 different personality types by narrowing them down to 5 categories. Listed below from softest to loudest voice:
- Pioneer (I’m a Pioneer)
Click here for a link to a cool chart with more detail.
The assessment is free and easy: https://5voices.com/assessment/
If you are not much of a reader, the founders have a podcast, “The Liberators,” available via their website: https://giantworldwide.com/liberator-podcast/ or on Apple.
What have I learned from this?
- Self-awareness – A better understanding of my conscious and unconscious positive and negative tendencies. Understanding how my actions and reactions affect colleagues, family, friends and myself.
- Understanding people around you – Mindful and meaningful interactions with others
- Conflict Resolution – Less fearful of addressing conflict. When you understand who you are and those around you, it is easier to talk through issues verses sweeping them under the rug.