By Tonya Mott, RISQ Consulting Vice President of Operations and Partner
I heard The Magic Castle Hotel creates powerful moments for their guests. In 2018 it was showing up on Trip Advisor as the #1 traveler ranked hotel in all of Los Angeles. When I do a search now it’s showing up as #6, next to places like the Beverly Hills Hotel and The Four Seasons. The hotel is located one block from Hollywood Boulevard’s walk of fame, and is a 1950s apartment building repurposed into a hotel.
This January we decided to take the kids to Universal Studios so I booked us a room at The Magic Castle Hotel. The Metro is a short walk from the hotel and only one stop away from Universal Studios. We were all excited to experience these so-called powerful moments
Here’s what they got going on:
- Popsicle Hotline – Pick up the red phone next to the heated pool someone answers, “Popsicle Hotline” and you request a popsicle. The popsicles are hand delivered by a server in white gloves on a silver tray
- Heated pool – We’re talking 88 degrees Fahrenheit year round
- Unlimited Snacks – Chips, candy, and more
- Unlimited Ice Cream
- Unlimited drinks – Soda, Powerade, soda water (multiple flavors), and filtered water
- Free breakfast – a magician performs tricks at your breakfast table three times a week.
- Free Laundry service – clean clothes delivered to your door wrapped in brown paper with a sprig of lavender
- While we were at the pool the owner of the hotel came over and checked in with us to see how our stay was going and hung out for small talk.
- The morning we headed out to Universal one of the employees hooked us up with passes to ride the Metro for every person in our party (8 of us)
Our book club here at work is currently reading, The Power of Moments. I haven’t started it yet but I’m told by my colleagues that The Magic Castle is mentioned in the book several times as a place that does a great job at creating moments for their guests. As a parent I love creating memories and moments for my kids.