By Alison Nelson, Employee Benefits Account Manager
With the gloomy weather we’ve been having lately, you may find yourself with the hankering to travel to warmer destinations. This past Spring, I found myself chasing the sunshine across the world and, in preparation for my travel, I found myself overwhelmed with all the products touted as a “must have”. Some items were lackluster while others are newfound staples on my to-pack list. To ease you of the same trial-and-error turbulence, below is a list of items I found to be worth it, and hopefully you do too.
- Travel Insurance with Petersen International
- Travel Insurance is a must when visiting overseas. There are so many unknowns that can come up when traveling and this will help give you immense peace of mind. Deductibles are flexible and expenses such as hospital stays, medical evacuation, trip cancellation and even lost luggage are eligible for coverage. I highly recommend contacting RISQ for a quote.
- My Favorite Carry On Bag
- This carry on bag not only conveniently attaches to rolling carry-ons or suitcases, but it expands as needed. I always keep the bag smaller as I head to my destination and then I expand it on the way back to fit anything I may bring back with me.
- Memory Foam Neck Pillow
- I don’t know about you, but sometimes I use my neck pillow and sometimes I don’t. This often leaves me with the conundrum of not wanting to waste precious space in my carry-on, which is why I love this portable neck pillow! It’s super comfy and fits in a convenient bag.
- Cord Organizer
- Since it seems like every device needs its own charger, this cord organizer has spared me from having to detangle all my charging cords and makes them easier to find.
- Portable Charger
- I like this portable charger since it has two USB ports so I can charge two devices at once. Since most places wont ship portable chargers to Alaska, this one has the added bonus of usually being in-stock at Target.
- Eye Mask
- While I don’t have this exact pair, I have a very similar one and love it. Not having the fabric touch my eyes makes it so I forget I’m even wearing them.
- Compression Packing Cubes
- These packing cubes are a lifesaver when I inevitably pack too many clothes or buy too many souvenir shirts. I can pack them in a cube then compress out the air to ensure everything still fits in my suitcase!
- Luggage Scale
- If you’re not an over-packer you can probably skip this one. But if you’re like me, this nifty device has saved me from having to repack my suitcase in the luggage drop-off line on more than one occasion.
- Laundry Bag
- Keeping dirty and clean clothes separate while travelling can be a pain so this laundry bag is a good way to keep things organized.
- Travel Mirror
- I have found that often times the only mirror is in the bathroom, so getting ready is just a lot easier with access to another mirror with good lighting.
- Toiletry Bag
- My favorite toiletry bag is a convenient way to make sure all your toiletries are in one spot and that they don’t spill in your suitcase. Need I say more?
Enjoy and safe travels! 😊